Thursday, June 21, 2012

Phantom V. 12 high-speed camera fun

So, Wednesday I had the joy of being able to learn how to use a Phantom V12, high-speed camera. Well, that's not entirely true. I first was given instructions back in August of 2011, but wasn't allowed to actually trigger the video. Just write up notes and draw diagrams. That was that, and we haven't touched it since. Which is a shame, because it is pretty damn cool!
First off, let me say thanks to Scott (Seattle Food Geek and fellow Modernist Cuisine employee) for being such a team player!
Here is an example of how cool it can be. This is my first official high-speed recording.


© Modernist Cuisine/The Cooking Lab, LLC

All this action happened in, at most 1 second, and looked like a complete mess...which is was, but slowed down, I found it quite beautiful. Maybe not the facial expressions (understandable) but the movement and shine of the egg and it flows through the air. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment